What constitutes an orthodontic emergency visit?
- Herbst appliance is loose (Appliance moving lower jaw bone)
- RPE is loose (upper expander appliance)
- Band is loose (metal around back molar)
- Quad Helix is loose (upper expander appliance)
- Tongue crib is loose (habit appliance)
- Wire poking
- TAD is loose
- Bite plate is loose
It is NOT an emergency if:
- Loose bracket (it will be repaired at the next visit)
- Changing ties
- Losing a lip bumper or lip bumper comes out
- Uncomfortable head gear
NOTE: If your bite plate comes out and wires are off, do not attempt to place your bite plate back in your mouth. Keep it out of your mouth and bring it with you to your next appointment.
If you have an emergency, please call the office at (716) 631-2166 during office hours. The on-call assistant number is (716) 908-7064 (to be used after-hours only). Please respect our assistantsí off duty time and use the after-hours number for real emergencies only.